Switching From Sage 300 CRE to Sage Intacct Construction
Sockeye + Sage Intacct enables construction companies to become proactive business leaders with total control over every aspect of project financial management.
THE TOP TWO REASONS TO TRANSITION TO CLOUD ACCOUNTING:
Provide unlimited access from anywhere.
There’s no reliance on on-premise servers or infrastructure, no need to maintain networks/IT staff, and no more issues when trying to remotely access the system using hardware that could potentially lead to issues.
Do away with the version control headache.
Year-end updates and version control issues are a concern that is nonexistent when your entire team is working off a web-based version of your financials.
Frequently asked questions
Before purchasing new accounting software, you want to feel confident in your investment. Here’s a list of commonly asked questions:
No obsolescence! Your cloud platform is constantly up to date and using the latest technology.
The majority of your IT expenses are converted from capital to operational, adding valuation to your business
A full-time IT staff without the cost of a single employee
IT staff that is never on vacation, never gets sick, and doesn’t require benefits
Reduced IT cost for software maintenance, upgrades, fixes and patches
Secure data centers with leading providers
Automatic backups of your data
At Sockeye, our Sage Intacct experts will cover everything you need to get your team set up for success with your new financial system. With our proven methodology and repeatable process, you can be up and running between three and six months.
Sage Intacct is recognized as for financial leadership. It is the only preferred provider of the AICPA, the World’s largest membership association for CPA’s which sets the standard for the accounting profession. We are the only vendor to have earned this endorsement.
Construction companies are increasingly choosing cloud solutions, which are quite mature and offer superior features to on-premises solutions. In addition, cloud solutions offer an enhanced user experience, intuitive reporting and analytics, streamlined integration, and access from anywhere on any device with just an Internet connection.
Sage has invested heavily in Sage Intacct as part of its “Sage Business Cloud” initiative. Their acquisition of Intacct in August 2017 was a central part of their strategy for growing business.
For Sage 300 CRE, enhancements to future releases will be limited to minor feature improvements, bug fixes, compatibility with the latest Microsoft platform, Pervasive SQL software, and integrations with 3rd party partner solutions.
There are no plans to re-architect Sage 300 CRE as a true cloud product.
Sage Intacct has many of the same features as Sage 300 CRE along with additional capabilities like:
Deep financial and operational insight with unlimited data dimensions
Real-time reporting, dashboards, and KPIs
Automated multi-entity management to support intercompany transactions, continuously consolidated financial and operational reports, centralized payables and receivables
Advanced features including deferred revenue management, project accounting, multi-currency and global consolidations.
Pre-configured integrations with other best-in-class applications such as Salesforce, AvidXchange, HR Solutions, Expense Report and countless others with hundreds of Marketplace Partners through modern Application Programming Interfaces (API’s).
Web-based access from any device
Over-reliance upon Excel spreadsheets for reporting and analytics
Too much paper shuffling
Too many emails
Inefficiencies in accounting department
Sage Intacct is ideal for many companies and certainly worth the exploration. This doesn’t mean that you have to migrate immediately, but it’s always strategic to understand your options, especially if one of more of the following is true of your organization:
- Rapid growth: Happening now or anticipated in the next 12 – 18 months
- Multi-Entity / Location: Managing a complex organizational structure requiring consolidations, eliminations, inter-entity transactions, allocations, etc.
- Integration: Using one or more cloud solutions for lines of business that need to integrate to core finance
- Release Management: Falling behind on enhancement releases and updates.
- Infrastructure: Struggling to manage servers, operating systems, security patches and protocols to protect against malicious hacker threats, backups and recovery, etc.
Our clients have consistently seen significant benefits in three areas:
Improved project reporting and visibility
Real-time reporting and dashboards
Automated business processes
Business intelligence / AI
The benefits of online financial software can transform your business. Sage Intacct offers a lower cost of ownership than legacy on-premises solutions. Sage Intacct delivers world-class security backups, and disaster recovery, protecting your financial data at a much higher level and at a lower cost than if you did it yourself.
Sage Intacct also delivers automatic quarterly software updates —no business disruption, no costly hardware upgrades and no additional service costs for your organization. You’ll always be on the latest release of the software.
We understand that moving to a news solution is a lot of work. Sockeye is uniquely positioned to provide a smooth migration from Sage 300 CRE to Sage Intacct.
Sockeye has converted many Sage 300 CRE clients to Sage Intacct through our proven Customer Success Plan which includes implementation, data migration, and training resulting in a successful project.
Sockeye has done many 300 CRE data migrations to Sage Intacct for our customers. Historical data migration usually consists of 2 years of data.
Some Sage 300 CRE partner solutions such as hh2, Procore and Timberscan are also compatible with Sage Intacct through the API’s.
Because Sage Intacct is purpose-built for the construction industry, it’s possible that “out-of-the-box” capabilities may negate the dependency of particular add-ons like MyAssistant and Office Connector.
Yes! Sage and Sockeye want to make sure you have the best solution and technology platform to operate your construction business effectively and profitably. There are customer loyalty incentives that reward your existing relationship with us.
sage product comparison chart
Network-based client server technology
Maintained by client and/or IT resources to backup, install updates, and provide secure environment
Client server infrastructure and/or cloud hosted options available
Multi-tenant cloud platform
Resides on secure data center with SOC1 and SOC2 compliance
Data automatically backed up regularly
Automatic quarterly enhancements
Traditional perpetual license
Initial software purchase
Annual subscription fee
Subscription price includes software updates and hosting services
Payroll application offered as standard module
Payroll application offered as standard module
Integrates with many of the top payroll providers
Limited partner integrations
200+ Sage Intacct Marketplace Partners
Interactive Custom Report Writer
API’s for third-party business intelligence tools
Library of existing reports and queries available
Interactive Dashboards, standard reports, with powerful customization
Basic reports through Financial Report Writer
Office Connector available to generate Excel financial statements
Interactive financial dashboards provide ultimate flexibility with the use of dimensions to combine or focus on business entities, job types, markets, etc.
Built-in Excel integration
Feature set to record subcontractor agreements, subcontractor change orders, manage lien waivers, certificates of insurance and retention
Flexible and customizable subcontract agreement workflows with change management
Smart Rules for monitoring vendor compliance
Standard with increased workflow flexibility
AIA billing templates
download Our comparison chart
Take an in -depth look at the two software features head to head, and decide for yourself which Sage product is best for your construction business.
What Our Customers Say:
"We are now able to consistently close the books at month-end on a timely basis. 2019 was our first year on Intacct despite this and having our highest gross revenues ever, we were able to complete our audit in record time."
- John Farner | CFO of Delta Constructors
A Modern Cloud Financial Solution
- Native-cloud accounting on a true cloud technology platform
- Best in class platform with open API’s to integrate with other industry leading solutions
- Realize savings with lower IT and Admin costs when you move to the cloud
- Modern, State of the Art Cloud Solution
- Thoughtfully Designed and Highly Customizable
- Real-Time Visibility through Interactive Dashboards
- Provide all stakeholders a single source of the truth.
- Software that is very intuitive and easy to Use
Recognized for Finance Leadership by Experts
- Rock solid financial core
- Intacct is the only preferred provider of the AICPA, the World’s largest membership association for CPA’s which sets the standard for the accounting profession. We are the only vendor to have earned this endorsement
Advantages over Sage 300 Construction and Real estate
- Deep industry functionality to reduce work arounds and save you time
- Improved workflows over the way you do things in Sage 300 CRE today
- Improved efficiency with automated AP/AR processes providing 20-40% efficiency gains
- Built in business intelligence with predictive analytics
- Reducing average month end close by 25-50%
- Enabled the finance team to increase time spent on analysis and business strategy from 25% to 75%
- Continuous consolidation of multiple locations and entities
- In addition to existing Sage 300CRE partners there are 10X the amount of Integration partners than we have with 300 CRE today
- In addition to Sage Intacct Payroll, you can easily connect to outsourced Payroll providers
- Integrations with industry leading CRM platforms
- Options to choose outsourced providers for HR
- No more relying on imports, exports, or sync buttons
- MyAssistant, Office Connector and Create-A-Check are all great products, but are not required with Sage Intacct as this functionality is native in the software
- No more going to lunch while waiting for reports to process.
- Automatically create retention invoices
sage intacct case study
How A Sage Intacct Upgrade Saved A Construction Company 20 Hours A Month In Forced Downtime
Delta Constructors, a self-performing construction company operating across 3 different regions in North America, recently upgraded their aging accounting system to Sage Intacct Construction Cloud Accounting. CFO John Farner said Sockeye’s implementation of Sage Intacct was “the best I’ve ever seen”.
sockeye + sage intacct construction
Make the Switch to Sage Intacct and Get Total Control of Your Project Financial Management
When you make the switch to Sage Intacct, you can expect to cut your close time in half each month. Finance teams typically see a productivity boost of 40 percent or more. And with Sockeye support, you’ll always have a trusted partner by your side making sure your software is helping you stay proactive and maximize your profitability. Contact us for a one-on-one personalized demo today.